Worship, Prayer and Healing
- The United Church's worship resource, Gathering has the following resources: weekly lectionary readings, sites, book and CD resources for music and worship, preaching, and other worship resources.
- The Contemplative Society is "a modern-day School in the Lord's Service. It is an ecumenical, not-for-profit association that encourages a deepening of contemplative prayer based in the Christian tradition, through teachings and retreats."
- Contemplative Outreach of Greater Vancouver is a Chapter of Contemplative Outreach International which provides resources to support the practice of Centering Prayer to a network of individuals and small faith communities throughout the world.
Joseph Eliezer Physiotherapist, Author of Simply Spirit, and friend of DHUC.
Bible Study Resources
- Electronic New Testament Educational Resources, a research tool of Catholic Resources created by Rev. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D. is an extensive and well-linked resource including charts, lists, glossaries and writings on Old and New Testament texts including Revelation and other Apocalyptic Literature.
- Easton Bible Dictionary is an easy to use alphabetical index to an extensive list of Biblical terms and names defined and explained with links lead to Biblical references.
- Devotions.net is a quick way to call up, read, study and search Biblical passages.
Versions of the Bible
- BibleGateway.com is a free service for reading and researching Scripture online in various languages and translations. There are advanced tools to search the Bible by keywords or verse, as well as other tools to enhance the study of the Bible.
United Church of Canada Links
- Vancouver West Side United Churches is five churches who meet together regularly to consider matters of mutual interest, and to see what kind of shared future God has in mind for us. The other churches are: Knox United, Trinity United, University Hill Congregation, and West Point Grey United.
- The Fair Haven United Church Homes is a non-profit organization which was founded over 60 years ago to provide housing for seniors. Fair Haven provides residential care and affordable housing to more than 350 seniors in Burnaby and Vancouver. Fair Haven, a faith-based organization, is recognized as a leader in residential care and services for seniors.
- Chris Corrigan is the consultant facilitating conversations with the Five United Churches.
- Naramata Centre, located near Penticton, BC, is a place of learning, spiritual nurture and renewal where people are inspired to make a difference in the world.
- The United Church of Canada website is a resource for Congregational Life, Worship, Justice, Global and Ecumenical Issues, Ministry and Personnel.
- Wondercafe: The interactive website for the 'big questions' of our day.
- KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives
- First United Church Mission in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver provides meals and services to homeless in Vancouver's most needy community.
- The home page of BC Conference
- The home page of the Vancouver School of Theology located adjacent to the UBC campus, Vancouver, BC.
- The home page of Camp Fircom
- YAYA: Youth and Young Adult Ministries Ministries of Vancouver Burrard and South Presbyteries
Other church sites
- This site Karen Brodie Designs has an explanation of the design of one of the banners we see throughtout the "green. growing in faith" time of the church liturgical year.
- Gay Church is a web site dedicated to ministering to the gay and lesbian Christian community (GLBT) and friends of our community. The site features a Book Store, discussion, studies and a directory of inclusive churches among other resources.
- theWATERproject.ca This project works to build rainwater harvesting facilities that will ensure safe drinking water for villagers in Ghana. Read Wade's story, find out about the system and the progress of the project.